Sistership Corazón under sail, a Searunner 34 in Mexico

Sistership Corazón under sail, a Searunner 34 in Mexico
Searunner 34 CORAZÓN sailing in the Sea of Cortez, México

Monday, December 27, 2010

4 oz cloth, a joy to work with

All that sanding and stripping is paying off.  I finally got the starboard double berth to the point of putting some glass on today.  My body aches from all the contortions in order to get at the area, but when I put in the 4 oz cloth, it went down on the bare plywood beautifully! About 75% of this berth is covered now and I will finish up tomorrow.  The cabin walls still need sanding and stripping, but at least the area under the mattress is almost done.  Once I get all of the areas covered with fiberglass cloth I intend to, I can start putting on the finish coat of paint.  First I plan to experiment at home with some hatch covers with a new paint I have found.  I will follow up with some photos and details on this part of the project before long.  The upside is that this product is very environmentally friendly, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg as two-part linear poly paints do, and it is safe to use inside.  I once almost knocked myself out with fumes working with alkyd paint in the minuscule engine compartment.  Never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment